My baby registries are stressing me out. Sam and I finally registered at Target & Babies R Us (after a couple panicked calls to some patient friends who helped walk me through the process), but I didn't really know what to register for at which place. So I kind of ended up putting a lot of the same things on both registries. Any new moms out there who have advice on how to know what to register for at which place?
Speaking of registries, I bought 2 different baby gifts for 2 different people last week and apparently the lady at the checkout didn't know how to mark off which items have been bought. How do I know this? Because I'm Type A and I checked both of their registries online yesterday to make sure the purchased items were marked as purchased and alas, THEY WERE NOT. So what do I do now? Ruin the surprise for the friends and tell them what I bought so they don't get duplicates? Call Target and complain? Maybe I'll just include the gift receipts for both gifts so they can take them back with no problem if they DO get duplicates. Problem solved. Whew.
I'm watching a (very) old episode of friends while I blog and am amazed at how much heavier high waisted pants make Monica & Rachel look. It's kind of the same look that Jessica Simpson got ridiculed for last year. Which reminds me why I ALWAYS go with low-rise pants/jeans. Although cracking out isn't particularly fun either...it's a delicate balance.
Right now though, I don't really have to worry about low rise/high waist/anything because I wear whatever pants I can fit into comfortably and not want to rip off after 10 minutes. You'd think elastic waistbands would be the most comfortable thing ever, and some of them are, but some of them sit just awkwardly enough on my baby bump that I either have to pull them way up (granny style) or way low (saggy gangsta style). It's lovely. Really.
I can't quit thinking about all my friends this week who either just had a baby, are in the process of having a baby, or are waiting any minute to go into labor. There are seriously at least 5 different women who are all due in the next week or so, and I am so excited for all of them!!! But then it makes me think about...
The fact that Wyatt is due 2 months from today! And that fact is super exciting and incredibly scary at the same time!! I can't wait to meet our sweet little guy, but I'm also suffering from PTSD from the childbirth class we took last weekend. I mean, a lot of the information was great. I didn't even mind the somewhat graphic computer animated diagrams/models. But I REALLY could have done without the live birth videos. That was a bit traumatic.
And now, my tummy is growling and you know what that means...DINNER TIME!!! So I'll leave you with this week's belly shot, since I'm guessing that's the reason a lot of you are even still reading my blog at this point! :) Here's the 32 week shot:
P.S. I forgot to actually hit "publish post" until just now! (it's 10:23 PM) Oops! :)

You are cracking me up! I guess I'm one of those people who sent you a threatening text, huh? Well here I am, a devoted reader, catching up with your blog at 4 am! I've been awake since 2am timing contractions, and wondering if I should go ahead and shower in case they intensify so I won't be oily at the hospital. haha! What I'd really like to do though is sleep.
ReplyDeleteI loved the part about the pants too and can totally relate to the feeling of wanting to rip some of them off. If I currently had an attractive figure I'm sure Beau would like this issue of mine. Haha! I hadn't noticed Monica and Rachel looked heavier in high waisted pants but I'll check it out next time. Right now everyone, and I mean everyone, looks super skinny ti me so maybe I should make that observation when my perspective is less distorted. :)
Thank you for the fun update! Also, you look GORGEOUS!! I love the bump! It's so pretty and looks wonderful on you! I can't wait to meet Wyatt!
I'm still hoping you deliver on July 16 because then we will always be connected by a birthday! :) You look so cute! I miss you!
ReplyDeleteI say keep the double registry, but don't take the tags off of ANYTHING until the last possible second. And as soon as you get a gift or have a shower, go update both registries and delete some items. It's a pain, but there's no good way around it.
ReplyDeleteYou are such a cute pregnant soon-to-be momma! I wish I could have been at your shower. I can't believe he will be here so soon! I can't wait to see/meet him!
ReplyDeleteYou are BEAUTIFUL! I know Sam thinks so.
ReplyDelete