Here's a picture of the MOUNTAIN we raked up just in the front of the front yard (we haven't even touched the side of the house or the backyard yet). Please note the look of sheer elation on Sam's face.
Right after I took the picture above, my man-child husband's attitude shifted 180 degrees as he realized that he had an incredibly huge pile of leaves to use as a stunt prop. And this is what ensued...
The Undisturbed Pile (and the aforementioned "lovely fence")
Sam's Dive #1: The Blur (I took the picture too late...)
Sam's Dive #2: The Burrough
Sam's Dive #3: The Pointed-Toes Olympian Dive
Sam's Dive #4: The Belly Buster (action shots on the iPhone aren't great...)
Sam lounging in his leaf heaven...
Zoey being really confused about what is going on in her front yard...
At the end of the day, we did manage to bag up over FIFTEEN bags of leaves before it got dark, leaving the front yard in a much more appealing state than before. And I've decided that although we don't have kids yet, sometimes being married to Sam is like living with a big kid. And I love it. He is the best at making not-so-fun tasks a lot more fun than they ever should have been! :)








I should have sent Kody over to "help". He would have loved the stunt pile.
ReplyDelete