Tuesday, October 6, 2009

The Scarlet S...

Hello friends. Without further explanation, let's take a look at the past 5 days of my life...
This picture was taken on Friday when I was happily leaving work, ready for the weekend, and super excited to realize that since I upgraded my iPhone, it now allows me to send pictures in text messages . (Please ignore the fact that I took AND texted this picture to Sam while driving. I think I may have been at a stoplight for part of it, at least...)
These are a few of the FOUR DOZEN homemade chocolate chip cookies that I baked on Saturday night, with full intentions of giving the majority away to various people this week (Sam's classmates, our neighbors, my co-workers, etc.)



This is a picture I took of myself when I walked into the doctor's office on Monday morning for what I thought to be an appointment to get some medicine for a sinus infection. Apparently when you call and complain of "flu-like" symptoms, they decide it's imperative that you slap on a degrading mask and shamefully march through a waiting room full of people NOT wearing masks. The least I could do to keep from crying was to take a picture of myself in the waiting room and email it to my mom. (Insert picture below). And yes, my glasses kept fogging up repeatedly...and a small child kept pointing and laughing at me. It was one of my more dignified moments...


This is me looking disgustingly (and disgusting) at the camera when I took another self-portrait, only this time AFTER finding out that I, indeed, tested positive for H1N1. I feel like a lousy, pathetic excuse of a human-being for contracting a virus originating from pigs. It's gross. Just gross.



And this is where I've been spending the last 2 days in quarantined solitude while I wait out the required 48 hours for the Tamiflu to make me uncontagious to the outside world.


Here's a close-up of my "sick station". Please note the essentials: Kleenex, 3 remote controls (for 3 different entertainment devices), my MacBook, headphones, RedBox DVD's, TamiFlu, my inhaler, and Purel. Yeah, that Purel has obviously been working SO well for the past few weeks...


At the moment I'm starting to feel a little more alive, so I decided to blog about my experience with the dreaded Swine Flu for the rest of you healthy people out there. I'm anxiously awaiting my re-emergence into the outside world of life, hopefully tomorrow. Until then, I'm still trying to figure out what to do with the 44 Swine-flu infested chocolate chip cookies I baked a few days ago. Any takers??











3 comments:

  1. Well if it gets me out of work a couple of days I'll take the cookies! :) Totally kidding--I'd much rather be at work than sick! Get better!

    ReplyDelete
  2. did you rearrange your living room? it looks like the couch is in a different place

    ReplyDelete
  3. HAHAHAHAHA Sorry...it is mean to laugh, but the picture of you in the robe is just too awesome.

    ReplyDelete